Settings do not save

awrightivawrightiv Join Date: 2009-02-02 Member: 66270Members
I just started using Decoda today (newly purchased license) and I'm having trouble getting anything in the settings screen at all to persist between runs of the application - everything from the font and color settings to the "Load last project on startup" toggle. Is this a recent bug? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1699226:date=Feb 2 2009, 11:29 AM:name=awrightiv)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(awrightiv @ Feb 2 2009, 11:29 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1699226"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I just started using Decoda today (newly purchased license) and I'm having trouble getting anything in the settings screen at all to persist between runs of the application - everything from the font and color settings to the "Load last project on startup" toggle. Is this a recent bug? Thanks in advance.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    What operating system are you using? Are you using a limited access account? The settings are written to: "%appdata%\Decoda\options.xml". Was this working in a previous version of Decoda? If you prefer, you can email me at max@unknownworlds.com.
  • awrightivawrightiv Join Date: 2009-02-02 Member: 66270Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1699239:date=Feb 2 2009, 04:17 PM:name=Max)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Max @ Feb 2 2009, 04:17 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1699239"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What operating system are you using? Are you using a limited access account?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 and I'm running as an administrator.

<!--quoteo(post=1699239:date=Feb 2 2009, 04:17 PM:name=Max)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Max @ Feb 2 2009, 04:17 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1699239"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The settings are written to: "%appdata%\Decoda\options.xml". Was this working in a previous version of Decoda? If you prefer, you can email me at max@unknownworlds.com.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Even though I've run the app and changed settings several times, an options.xml file does not seem to exist. I wouldn't know if this feature was working in previous versions, because this is my first time running Decoda.
    I’ve discovered more specific details on what’s going on.

If I open the project I created which contains all of my Lua files and then try to close Decoda, the application remains open despite that the window is not visible on screen or in the task bar. It will, however, remain visible in the task manager. The failure to save options.xml was a side effect of that.

This phenomenon does not occur with other project files, despite that my deproj xml file looks fine.

I'm going to make another project file, and hopefully it won't happen again.
  • MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1699447:date=Feb 4 2009, 08:06 AM:name=awrightiv)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(awrightiv @ Feb 4 2009, 08:06 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1699447"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I’ve discovered more specific details on what’s going on.

If I open the project I created which contains all of my Lua files and then try to close Decoda, the application remains open despite that the window is not visible on screen or in the task bar. It will, however, remain visible in the task manager. The failure to save options.xml was a side effect of that.

This phenomenon does not occur with other project files, despite that my deproj xml file looks fine.

I'm going to make another project file, and hopefully it won't happen again.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Thanks for the additional information, that's very helpful. Are you using a source control plugin with Decoda? If so, which one?
    <!--quoteo(post=1699451:date=Feb 4 2009, 11:42 AM:name=Max)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Max @ Feb 4 2009, 11:42 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1699451"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Thanks for the additional information, that's very helpful. Are you using a source control plugin with Decoda? If so, which one?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I've got it setup to work with Perforce. It seems as though Decoda could be trying to interact with Perforce on close of the application, but it isn't getting the response it's waiting for. I'll post more information when I find something consistently reproducible.
    My new project file displays the same behavior. To resolve it, I've had to remove the Perforce settings from the project. Once I do that, the app will close and no longer appear in my task manager.
    It turned out to be pretty complicated to fix, but this bug will be fixed in the next version.
    Ah, those are the best ones. Well done, sir!
  • DzikDzik Join Date: 2013-01-31 Member: 182671Members
    if the font name is not ansi ,when you save your setting, the setting will set to default~~~~~
  • huezanghuezang Norway Join Date: 2014-12-15 Member: 200061Members
    I understand what you are saying but I think there should be more comments regarding the threat that was initially started so that the pool of thoughts is attracted. Regards.
  • alexredrobinalexredrobin Join Date: 2019-02-18 Member: 251050Members
    Actually, Adobe error df024 is one of the best medium where the customers have a valid right to claim for any kind of services regarding they face troubles in any abode platforms related issues. The service provider team is always available to provide an effective service to the customers' issues to resolve all their troubles. The customers will get a free service within a certain range of time.