What mystery? What mystery?
Ok, there's a lot of ground I need to cover, and I'm at work, so I can only cover several sections. They are broken to:
2. The actual game and moves.
3. My view and other views.
5. Issues that were brought up.Roles
There were several roles in the game. I've included also the roles that were picked up from the minigame:1. Eternaly_Lost [Magician] - wolf2. Soul Rider [Trained Monkey] - human (Seer 8 from Day 1)3. Im lost [Tightrope walker] -guardian4. Xentor [Fire breather] - Scalpel from Day 15. Nightstalker [Security] - human (nothing)6. Faskalia [RingMaster] - human (nothing)7. Thansal [Strong man] - wolf
8. doomchica [Small Booth Vendor] - idle human
9. Kassinger [Giftshop Vendor] - idle human10. Petco [Security] - human 11. Isamil [Clown] - Psychic12. Ana [Blind Costume Designer] - idle wolf (with Investigator)13. TheFeniX [Security] - seer
Items that were never found:
- Seer's curse
- GPS system2. Actual game and moves (and clues)
1. The sixth digit is the only even number.
2. The second digit equals the sum of the fifth and sixth.
3. The second digit is ‘3’.
4. The [difference] of the second and fourth digit [equals] [to] the [sixth] digit.
5. No two digits have the same number.
6. The first digit is the largest number in the sequence.
7. The [sum] of the fourth and sixth digit [equals] [to] the [third] digit.
1 - Manager Trailer - clue #4
2 - Circus Trailers - clue #3, GPS, scalpel
3 - Circus - clue #5
4 - Museum - clue #1
5 - Gift shop/Vendors - clue #2, investigator
6 - Houses (red) - clue #6
7 - Houses (green) - clue #7, seer 8
8 - Community Center - Seer's curse, seer 8
9 - Fields (red)
10 - Fields (green)
Now I expected people to find out the clues through this sequence:
Clue #3 gives us the first digit of the series.
. 3 . . . .
With clue #1 and clue #2, you can infer that 3 = 1 + 2. With the sixth digit as the only place for even, you now have the sequence:
. 3 . . 1 2
Clue #4 gives you the 4th digit. 5 - 3 = 2
. 3 . 5 1 2
Clue #5 and 6 gives you the last 2. With clue #5, you had only two possibilities: 9 and 7. Knowing that the first digit is the largest number, it became this:
9 3 7 5 1 2
Out of these 7 clues, clue #4 is the most annoying. It is the clue that you need to solve the riddle, and it is a changeable clue, making it very important to be the first one to get the clue. Not only that, it has another riddle embedded into it if you are not careful. For if you read the clue, it says:
2-4 = 6. This is technically not true, for it is really the |2 - 4| = 6, where it is possible for 4-2=6, and 2-4=6. The wolves got caught on that, and it went downhill for them. More details on that later.
1. Eternaly_Lost [Magician] – room 1 - clue #4 (refrige)
2. Soul Rider [Trained Monkey] – room 8 – seer 8 (taken from room 8)
3. Im lost [Tightrope walker] – room 6 - no clue, no item, Thansal has it.
4. Xentor [Fire breather] – room 2 – scalpel taken (item)
5. Nightstalker [Security]
6. Faskalia [RingMaster]
7. Thansal [Strong man] – room 6 - clue #6
8. doomchica [Small Booth Vendor]
9. Kassinger [Giftshop Vendor]
10. Petco [Security]
11. Isamil [Clown]
12. Ana [Blind Costume Designer]
13. TheFeniX [Security] – room 4 - clue #1
TheFenix seered EternalyLost
Wolves used transparent minds on im lost
Xentor found scalpal
Night 2, doomchica lynched
1. Eternaly_Lost [Magician] – room 2 – clue #3
2. Soul Rider [Trained Monkey] – room 1 – no clue
3. Im lost [Tightrope walker] – room 3 – clue #5
4. Xentor [Fire breather] – room 1 – clue #4 (messed up)
5. Nightstalker [Security] - ??
6. Faskalia [RingMaster] – room 5 – clue #2
7. Thansal [Strong man] – room 9 - nothing
8. doomchica [Small Booth Vendor] - dead
9. Kassinger [Giftshop Vendor] - ?? - room 1
10. Petco [Security] – room 5 - nothing
11. Isamil [Clown] – room 10 (dead)
12. Ana [Blind Costume Designer] – room 5 – item – magnifying glass
13. TheFeniX [Security] – room 4 – clue #1
Wolves killed Isamil (psychic).
Im lost guarded uh.... someone (forgot)
TheFenix seered Soul Rider.
Wolves used transparent minds on TheFenix, sees his notes.
Wolves didn't guard a body
Xentor worked on doomchica's body.
Night 3, Kassinger instalynched
1. Eternaly_Lost [Magician] – room 7 – item - seer 8
2. Soul Rider [Trained Monkey] – room 9 -- nothing
3. Im lost [Tightrope walker] – room 5 - nothing
4. Xentor [Fire breather] – room 9 - nothing -- 937518 (closest attempt in guessing!)
5. Nightstalker [Security] – room 5 - clue #2
6. Faskalia [RingMaster] – room 4 – clue #1
7. Thansal [Strong man] – room 10 - nothing
8. Petco [Security] – room 7 – clue #7
9. Ana [Blind Costume Designer] – ??
10. TheFeniX [Security] – room 5 – dead – nothing
Wolves killed TheFenix
Wolves used transparent minds on TheFenix again to see who he seered. This is valid, so they saw who he seered and then killed him.
Im lost guarded Soul Rider.
Wolves guarded Kassinger's body.
Xentor worked on Isamil's body (found out the psychic)
Night 4, Eternaly_lost instalynched.
2. Soul Rider [Trained Monkey] – room 1 – garbled clue #3
3. Im lost [Tightrope walker] – room 7 - dead
4. Xentor [Fire breather] – room 7 – seer 8 ball from Eternaly_lost
5. Nightstalker [Security] – ??
6. Faskalia [RingMaster] – room 6 - clue #6
7. Thansal [Strong man] – ?? -- 937514 (another close attempt!)
8. Petco [Security] – ??
9. Ana [Blind Costume Designer] – ??
Wolves killed im lost
Im lost guarded Soul Rider
Wolves didn't guard any body.
Xentor looked into Kassinger.
Night 5, game ended, Thansal instalynched.3. My views and other views
Wolves choose transparent minds. Day 1 they used it on im lost to secure a puesdo seer network. At first, it was interesting because they manage to find a role, but the role was the only one that no effect on transparent minds!
Then at night, they wolved Isamil. I still have no idea, but they manage to kill of the psychic, the only one that could confirm they had 3 wolves. I was pretty sure Isamil didn't say anything about it, so the kill seems random. Then they transparent minds.... TheFenix.
At this point, I thought the wolves won. They found the seer, killed the psychic, and made the guardian as part of their seer network. They even were able to spy who the seer looked into (both im lost and Soul Rider), giving them a terrible advantage. What did the seer have? The seer manage to seer Eternaly_lost in day 1.
So day 3 rolls around, and Soul rider wanted to end the day early, and so did the wolves. Soul Rider and im lost knew at this point there was a fake seer, so they were trying confirm each other that they were human. The wolves wanted to end the day early because they got 5 clues, and were able to get the artifact. So it was a win-win situation... until clue #4 with the absolute value hit them in the face. They guessed it wrong.
At this point, the wolves couldn't recover. They put everything into getting the artifact, and nothing left to go for. If I didn't add that absolute value stuff in the clue, I believe the wolves would have gotten the artifact, kill im lost or soul rider at day, then im lost at night. Then it would have been wolves' game.
So, the game hinged in my opinion on the wolves missing on the clue, which one claims to be bad and ambiguous. I'm really sorry about that, which is why I feel that the humans didn't really deserve the win, even though they really did a very good job catching up.
The wolves were always one step ahead of the humans. What brought them behind was the clue. And for that, I'm very very sorry.
In the end, it was very hard to decide who would win. Humans did a really good job catching up despite the wolves had a strangle on all their more powerful roles (even though they had no idea). Because of the early seer on the wolf, Xentor and Soul Rider trusted each other to an extent. Because of the seer contacting Soul Rider, Soul Rider and im lost figure out there was a fake seer going on. With those two, it's really hard for Thansal and Eternaly_lost to not get labelled wolf sooner or later. They just place on their bets on getting the artifact and using it before anyone got wiser. It didn't work out as planned.4. Analysis
Despite the major and minor stepback, I think the game went relatively well. I don't think I'll host again (since so far everytime I've done there's always a major mistake), but the powers were used as I expected. I really didn't expect transparent minds to be used to start off a seer network, so hats off to Thansal for the idea. Hats off to TheFenix in being lucky of finding a wolf in the first night, or else humans would have a very bad time even competiting with the wolves.5. Issues
Several issues came up. The first one is the use of code and the anonymous rule. To me, I actually don't mind this too much, but I see one problem with it. I've talk to several people already about it, and I've heard their opinion. To me, there is really one issue that I see the problem is, and it is this scenario:
Soul Rider (using him as an example) write in code that me (Theslan) is a wolf. He sends it to everyone. Then he sends (Thansal) the key. I (Theslan), kills Soul Rider at night. Thansal releases the key during the day. Now everyone can believe Soul Rider's message because a) He's dead at night, making him probably human, b) it is his message, since it is coded and can't be tamper with, and c) me (Theslan) had no way to counter it, because it is his writing and I cannot tamper with the code.
Basically, it's a message from the grave, with 100% accuracy that it's from Soul Rider. I see it being useful with PMs, where people can confirm, but for general public? I don't think so.6. Hosting
I'm accepting PMs right now for any game anyone wants to run. I'll keep it open until Sunday, where I'll post the selection.