not your average combat Map
I'm announcing my 2nd ever NS map - co_operation
(my first map was co_pipes1)
The main focus of this map is as the name suggests cooperation between players, mainly the marine team.
my main inspiration for this was that I wasn't satisfied with the amount of team work in combat maps, and a general lack things to accomplish throughout the round. It is a combat map, but i'm hoping that it'll play more like a classic map, however with all of the fun of leveling up.
The map consists of 11 main rooms, 9 of which require cooperation from the marines in order to progress to the next.
So the players will have 15 minutes (server var) to get through each of the 9 puzzles and destroy the hive (the CC is hidden so it cannot be destroyed, unless the aliens perform special activities - destroying 4 out of 8 circuit boards)
Each of the 9 "puzzle" rooms will require a different approach from the last, to keep things interesting. Puzzle descriptions below, but most puzzles for a seasoned NS player should be a piece of cake, I've also used green arrows as waypoints/hints to help guide.
1. Marine Spawn
The Marine team starts in a broken elevator, which due to an electrical fault has caused the blast doors to close the marines in. To exit marine spawn the players will need to boost each other up into the lift shaft and activate an override switch to open one of the blast doors and allow them to continue.
2. The marines must continue through the cargo area and into a sewerage control station - the main door is malfunctioning and there are two switches which need to be pressed at the same time for it to open and continue.
3. marines will need to weld open a hydraulics controller to pass through.
4. steam (currently invisible lol) has filled the controllers for the main door, marines with resupply will have to climb the steep slopes and activate the switches.
5. Manufacturing area - this door is jammed however the hydraulics can be destroyed by throwing a grenade into the hydraulics vent.
6. Overheating has caused the emergency door to stay locked, marines will need to open and activate the coolant vents.
7. omg another stuck door, a marine will need to place a mine on the wall so that a marine with a welder can stand on it to reach the weld point.
8. Train ride marines must ride the train to exit point - the door won't open until the train is docked at the other end.
9. a jetpacker must fly over to activate the bridge and let others across
10. a jetpacker must fly to each individual switch and press the buttons.
After all that is finished, a door opens in marine spawn allow marines safe access to the hive which will most likely mean game over for the alien team.
Actually thats not everything - in a lot of the rooms there are two types of circuit boards which can't go unnoticed.
Type 1 - is a button which will turn on a laser beam to hurt the hive for 5 seconds - it can be activated over and over again until the the circuit is destroyed. (this forces aliens out of the hive)
Type 2 - this is a exposed circuit board, which if destroyed will bring the aliens 1 step closer to exposing the command chair - 4 out of 8 need to be destroyed to expose the command chair. marines can weld these shut to protect them. (this entices aliens to come out for a quick finish if they play well)
The aliens are locked out from all areas and only gain access as the marines do (so they can't destroy circuitry before marines get a chance to get to them)
some screenies below