I came up with a less than brilliant idea when surfing the forums and after gym class, why don't the marines and aliens get tired?
Lets say I'm a marine. I start off and run to the nearest hive. Along the way, I kill 1 skulk. Then I get to that hive, and find 3 skulks packed up in a corner (I dunno why they would be there
) and pick them off. I build a few RT's, a PG and pick off a few more skulks. Assuming I can get that far (I personally couldn't), if I were that marine, I would probably be tired (at least a little).
I was thinking that for every thing you do, you use up "stamina". If you kill a skulk, you'd lets say use a little of your stamina. If you work in groups, you'd use less stamina because more than 1 person is doing a specific task or 1 person needs to do less tasks. The less stamina you have, the less you character can do.
For the marines, reduced stamina could result in reduced aim, reduced speed, heavier breathing, louder footsteps or something like that. For the aliens, it could be slower adrenaline regeneration, reduced speed, reduced ROF or something like that.
I'm not thinking something major, maybe a 5 - 10% decrease in the ability to do something. It could probably even be nullified from a catalyst pack, health pack or a heal from the hive.
- Could reduce rambo's because people would want to use less stamina
- Adds a little bit of teamwork because not 1 person can do everything
- 1 man armies will cease or be discouraged to exist
- Less of a chance of 5000 - 1 score players (ok, maybe I went overboard there
- Adds more realism to the game
- Adds a "Now thats cool" factor
- More work from the dev team (we all want NS2 sooner)
- Could annoy some of the players
- More I can't really think of